Monday, October 6, 2008

Food Food Food

Most of the time when I eat at school, it is in TDR or somewhere on campus. I have to say that I do not think about the environment when I make my food choices for the most part. When I eat in TDR, I feel a little better because Bon Appetit tries to buy locally whenever possible. They also are committed to protecting the environment in other ways. This past week, they did a day with organic food and there were apples from a nearby orchard that were available for students. When I am not eating at TDR, I am mainly thinking about what the food I consume will do to my body, like Sarah. I have severe issues with eating some foods so I am more concerned with health than the environment at that point.

The foods that have the most impact on the environment that I have eaten recently would probably be the apples that come from Eastern Washington and have to be shipped across the country and the Coca-Cola. I am sure that the process for making coke is resource intensive including the use of the aluminium or plastic to make the bottle or can as well as the actual coke itself.

No comments: